Monday, June 13, 2016

Transfers Decide All

Dear Family,

This week has been on the busier side. A lot has happened. It is funny because at the beginning of the week, Elder Palmer and I thought it was going to be easy and a breeze! Then the phone calls came. "Elders, we need you to open up a new apartment in Kent, and Oh! Also the Sisters in Federal Way need to move to a new apartment. Can you do that?" "We sure can!" We managed to get everything fit into our schedule. We only had to skip dinner once. :)

Somehow, both Zone Training and President Eaton's last Specialized Training happened to fall onto this week. Both meetings are 3 hours long, one on Tuesday, the other on Wednesday. I thought it was really funny because for President Eaton's last Specialized Training, he talked about marriage! Well, really he talked about how our companionships prepare us for marriage and he challenged us to learn how to fix relationships with our companions rather than try to cope with it. He also told us not to call this training "The Trunky Training" (trunky means longing for home).

I am having so much fun delaying the obvious subject of this e-mail: Transfers! Let me give you a little foreknowledge first. President Eaton only allows Office Elders to serve in the Office for 3 transfers (probably because they forget how to proselyte). This is the end of my 3rd transfer. Also, we are getting a new Mission President next transfer, so it is possible that I might stay another transfer because I know a lot about how the mission runs. I got my call last night. Drum roll please! I am staying! Oh yea! Elder Palmer and I get the opportunity to serve the mission as we make the transition to a new Mission President! It is going to be crazy! I am so excited!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week! Know that I love you, but most of all that you have a Heavenly Father that loves you! Don't lose hope! Never give up! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

Yesterday. I think I had the same face when I found out that I was staying for transfers!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago on P-Day. We decided to actually do something for our P-Day other than sit in our apartments. So, we went to Lake Wilderness Park and ate Popsicles! :) From Left to Right: Elder Nelson, Elder Clayburn, Elder Steiner, and Elder Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment