Monday, January 14, 2019

Stories from Afar (Volume 12)


This week has gone by really fast!!! I still can't believe that is P-day again! Woohoo! Anyway, we finally have snow again in Ohio even though it's only about 1-2 inches. It's really pretty to walk in when you are all bundled up and warm. It makes me happy.

We had interviews once again!!! And before it I was pretty terrified. Last time I didn't have the best experience but I am happy to say that this time was definitely better. I didn't really have much of a conversation with President Stratford but that's okay. I think he dug out most of the stuff about how I'm doing from my companion. So that experience went pretty well. 

Oh! Also, we had exchanges last Wednesday! I got paired up with Sister Linford again and it was pretty stressful. I had to lead in the Tallmadge area and know all the people we were going to see and such. Sadly, it didn't include me driving. Haha I have not driven a car since October!! It's super weird and I feel that I might scream again if I do. (Throw back to first time driving hehe) But I did learn a lot because of exchanges. I learned that I know more than I thought I did about the people and that I should always invite people to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! That promise is so powerful it can change people's lives for the better!


So update on some people from last time. Bruce and Carolina are amazing as always! This week we've been over there a lot, reading the Book of Mormon together! We also got their sister, Angelica to join us and we invited all of them to pray about the book!!! I am so excited for all of them! Huzzah!! We also helped them move into a new apartment down the hall. It was a lot of fun as we pushed a stroller up and down the first-floor hall carrying boxes of stuff. I love their family!

The family that we had invited to church last Saturday didn't come and we haven't really had a chance to visit them again. I hope we will get that chance soon! I now see that we need to invite them to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know its truthfulness!!! 

Kaleb, the guy we hope to have baptized on the 27th, just had a family member pass away so we've given him some space. I'm not sure when we'll visit with him again. 

Let's see, anything else? Oh! Sister Burnside and I went up to Kirtland on Friday and it was slow but still good! We took out one tour and so we had plenty of time to do studies and such. We also had to say good bye to the Site Directors; Elder and Sister Jennings. It was really sad and tears were shed. They are going home to Utah later this week. The whole Visitor Center will miss them!!!

I can't really remember the other things that have happened cause it went by so quickly but I'm grateful to be out on my mission and helping others come unto Christ! So until next time, farewell!!

Love, love, love
Sister Becca Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment