Tuesday, June 28, 2016

One Year Down, One To Go!

Dear Family,

It is weird to be hitting my one year mark. On June 24th, I found myself saying, "Wait, it has been a year? Let's see: one, two skype calls home; one, two, three areas served; seven companions; it still doesn't feel like a year." Then I count the months. "Oh, I guess it has been 12 months... aw..."

This week has been great! Elder Palmer and I have been working hard! We have found a new investigator in the Elk Run Ward. His name is Jose (Spanish name, pronounced: hose-ay). We sat down with him and his girlfriend, who is a less active member, and we taught them about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jose seemed to be really interested. He invited us to come back again next Tuesday and keep teaching. I hope he takes the steps necessary to get baptized!

I finally got to travel to the most southern city in the mission, Eatonville! It took us 1 and 1/2 hours to get down there and it was a cool drive. There are lots of trees down there and very little town.

When you reach one year of your mission, you tend to look back at how far you have come. I can see the faces of the people whom I have helped and I feel like this is the best decision I have ever made. I know that Heavenly Father has sent me out here because I am needed here to build up His kingdom! There are people who needed to hear my voice and testimony and I was able to be there for them! I know that there are people I have yet to meet!

Alma 29:9
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner

Eatonville is the very south end of this mission. It took a while to drive there. It was cool!

I burned a tie and a shirt because I forgot to burn a tie at my 6 month mark!

I burned a tie and a shirt because I forgot to burn a tie at my 6 month mark!

There is still one year ahead of me! Oh yeah!



No comments:

Post a Comment