Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sister P's Baptism!

Dear Family,

This week, there has been a lot of miracles, but first off: Happy 1st Birthday Melody!!! And for later this week, Happy Birthday Dad!!! I won't write how old you are because you probably don't feel that old. That's okay. I don't feel like I have been on my mission for 14 months... I am becoming an "old" missionary.

I can't remember if I have mentioned Brother I before. Elder Scheidell and I got to teach him about the Book of Mormon Thursday. I read to him 1 Nephi 19:23 and we talked about what it meant to "liken" the scriptures to ourselves. The lesson went very well and he was excited to start reading the Book of Mormon.

The next morning, Brother I. texted us and told us that he wanted to meet with us. We went and sat on the steps in front of the church. He showed us his Book of Mormon. Almost every other verse in the first chapter of 1 Nephi had some highlights. He told us that he felt like he related very well with Nephi and his family. He said that he felt like his dad was a "goodly parent" to him and taught him about Christ when he was growing up. He said that he wanted to be a good dad to his children, too. (Up until this point, we didn't even know he had children.) He also shared how he found the name "Lehi" in the Bible (Judges 15:9). He said that he felt that this was happening for a reason and that he felt that God was leading him. Elder Scheidell and I testified of how the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. We then taught a little about repentance and aligning our will with God's will. He loved it. He came to the baptism on Saturday, and church on Sunday.

Speaking of baptism, Sister P got baptized on Saturday! She is pretty shy and got a little nervous when so many people showed up to her baptism, but she relied on God to help her get through it. She even found the courage to get confirmed during Sacrament Meeting on Sunday! We are now going to start the "New Member Lessons" (which are really the same lessons taught again) with her to help her plan to go to the temple in one year!

Well, this has been a long letter. I hope you liked it! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

Sister P after her baptism! The Spirit was so strong!

​The world's best gummi bears! They are so good! Found only at Fred Meyer (equivalent to a Wal-Mart except it sells these gummi bears!).




No comments:

Post a Comment