Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Transfers Have Come Again... Always Too Fast!

Dear Family,

This week has been very rainy, but awesome! On Wednesday, our Zone Leaders did a great job doing the Zone Training. They invited the Spirit by testifying often of Jesus Christ and they taught a little bit about what the difference is between fun and joy.

What is fun? Fun is something that we get when we do something that we like and it is always temporary. What is joy? Joy is happiness that comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ and can last. The Zone Leaders taught us that it is important that we focus on finding joy in the work, not just looking for fun. So many blessings are promised to those who lose themselves in the work. It is literally the best way to go.

Now that I have delayed a little bit: Transfers! I am staying in the Lakota Creek Ward, but Elder Scheidell is getting transferred to the Gem Heights Ward in the Puyallup South Stake. My new companion is going to be Elder Jones. I think he is a newer missionary because I haven't met him, yet. I am currently e-mailing with Elder Scheidell and the transfer will actually take affect later today. I am going to miss Elder Scheidell, but I am excited to meet Elder Jones. It is going to be a great transfer!

I am still the district leader. I guess I will have to make my district meetings more formal. With an all Elders district last transfer, it sometimes got to be a lot of fun. :) It is interesting the way that Federal Way Zone works. Everyone in the Zone has a car except for the District Leaders. They are all on bike. I hope that we can get a car in the near future, because our area is starting to become dangerous. (Killer Clowns on the lose, multiple shootings a few weeks ago) I am only scared to be outside some of the time. :) For the most part, though, I feel pretty safe. As long as I am obedient, I won't have to worry about getting harmed! It is so awesome to have such a promise on my side. :)

On another topic, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be visiting this mission on Saturday! We think it is going to be Elder Rasband, but we don't know. We have been told that their schedules can change just a couple of days before, so we might just get a 70 instead. Cross your fingers!

I am excited for this week! I hope you enjoyed this letter! So much is going on! It is going to be awesome! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

P.S.

The Lord did protect us this week. We didn't have the full weather report, but we knew that it was supposed to be bad because everyone we talked to on the weekend told us to go inside and take the day off. Well, we didn't. I think that the Lord turned to storm away because we were out proselyting. We expected to get 50-60 mph winds, but we didn't get much more than about 25-30. Enough to make a couple wet trees fall. I actually have read my setting apart blessing recently (Actually almost 3 weeks ago) and I think it is pretty cool the things that I have been promised in that blessing. Hopefully, I am being obedient enough. :) I can see some places that I can improve on, as can we all.

This is the Hoof family. Brother Hoof is the new ward mission leader in this ward! It is going to be so great!

The Federal Way Zone! Truely awesome!

Some missionaries didn't get the memo that this is supposed to be a funny picture...




No comments:

Post a Comment