Monday, December 12, 2016

Miracles in the Snow!

Dear Family,

First off, Happy Birthday David Harris! Okay, now I can move on...

I have had an awesome, busy week with Elder Ward! It has been colder than usual (30 degrees, burr, that's cold). It has been cold enough for some snow to fall on us. Elder Ward has been so excited that when the second snow storm came (We were on exchanges) he went to the nearby abandoned school and had a snow ball fight with Elder Richards!

The exchange started Thursday night and went for most of the day Friday. It was snowing harder than I have ever seen it in Washington. I was with Elder Bollwinkle in the Skyway B area, which happens to be the most northern area in the mission and covers a little of Seattle. Elder Bollwinkle is on his 2nd transfer here and this is his first exchange taking over the area. He didn't know who to visit, so during daily planning on Thursday night, we said a prayer and asked that our plans for the day would turn out for our good and the good of our Brothers and Sisters. Well, that prayer definitely got answered!

On Friday morning we got a text telling us that a member in the nearby Veteran's Hospital wanted us to go over and give him a blessing. So, that was the first thing that we did. We checked into the hospital as LDS Chaplin and the lead chaplin led us to John Austin. We shared a scripture with him and gave him a blessing. He thanked us for coming by. On our way out of his room, the lead chaplin came back to us and said, "Another person saw you and wants to you visit him, too".

So we follow her to the next patient's room. This brother was a little older and he was fighting cancer. We talked with him for a little while, neither of us knowing what to say, and we gave him a blessing. As we walked out, we could tell that he felt a lot better and he had a smile on his face. We both felt that the Lord had guided us to where He needed us the most.

Nothing happened according to plan that day, but I felt like we did our best to serve as the Lord's instruments. I know that this is His work and that He will direct our paths. We are not alone in this service. I know that Heavenly Father knows who we are and He will send help. It could be anyone, but He will comfort you. He has promised it.

I am getting excited for Christmas day! I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

I remember! I put that statue in the car a year ago! That car went to Skyway B area after I left. They got a new car, but they kept the statue! 
Elder Ward putting up Christmas lights in our apartment! Yes, he is standing on my desk. :)


This statue looks familiar...

Elder Bollwinkle and I tried to do a selfie, but I guess I didn't aim the camera right.



No comments:

Post a Comment