Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Working With What You Got!

Dear Family,

First off, Happy Birthday Braden! And congratulations Colton and Alex! (They are getting married!)

Second off, today is transfers. I am staying here and Elder Ward is being transferred. My new companion is Elder Smith! I will get to meet him later today!

Okay, now for the topic of this email... I hope you all read the monthly Ensign magazines because they are great! I've gotten into reading this month's and have found something that I really like.

I don't remember what the articles are called (I didn't come that prepared), but they talked about working with what you have been given. When you play a card game, you can almost guarantee that you will eventually get a bad hand. Sometimes it may feel like we have been given a bad hand in our lives. I have learned that it never helps to dwell on the fact that you have a bad hand. If you do, you will lose interest in the game and not have any fun.

I know that Heavenly Father has put us each in a specific situation that is intended for us to grow closer to Him. Sometimes we may not see it or feel like the opposite is true, but I know that in the end we will be thanking Him for everything He has done. His wisdom surpasses all of ours and His love for us is certain.

Another article in the same Ensign talked about a similar subject of one who is in a sailboat. He cannot change the direction that the wind is blowing, but he can adjust the sail. We need to accept the situations that we are in and do what we can with what we have. Heavenly Father does not intend for us to fail. We will all at some point fall short of what He asks, but He will help us get back up and keep going.

I have found a lot of happiness in applying this advice. Sometimes mission life is hard and full of challenges, but I know that I am being supported as a missionary in everything I do. When I forget the hardships and just go out and serve with all I've got, that is when I find the greatest success.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

P.S. We taught John and Celine this week and they seem to be doing great! They even came to see a baptism! We haven't seen Sister Kis this week, but we will keep trying!

Last District Meeting of the transfer! The other district leaders couldn't make it today, so really the whole zone came to this meeting!

Elder Ward has reached his 6 month mark. He burned a tie to celebrate!

Brother Christensen showed us his off-roading jeep!



No comments:

Post a Comment