Wednesday, March 22, 2017

That Is So Bright!

Dear Family,

I had no idea that we have gone without the sun for a long period of time until we got the sunshine this week. It was so bright. I guess I am getting accustomed to cloud cover. I heard one of the members in my ward say that we got a total of 4 days worth of sunshine since February. I had to think about it for a while. Has it really been that rainy? Yep. It rains a lot.

This week has been a pretty good one! We found another investigator and we got to attend a baptism! Michelle B got baptized last Saturday. We have been team teaching her with the Renton Highlands Elders for a few months now. Her new husband is in this ward, but she officially lives in the other ward. It was a great experience! My last companion, Elder Ward, got to baptize her! She had tears in her eyes as she was being welcomed to the ward by the bishop.

As for our new investigator, his name is Alex. He is only 9 years old. He was being taught about a year ago by some other missionaries, but Alex's parents ended up telling him to wait until he is 10 years old to be baptized. So, with that birthday in mind, he wants to resume the missionary lessons! We don't have a baptism date, yet, but we will soon!

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

From Left to Right: Elder Steiner, Elder Scheidell, Elder Smith, Elder Ward, Michelle Buckley, Elder Kim, Elder Ovard, Elder Leavitt, Elder Snook.

The Buckley's at the baptism!


No comments:

Post a Comment