Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring is in the Air!

Dear Family,

This was the first week of white washing the Fairwood Ward! White washing is harder than I thought, but we are working through it! I heard that the first week is hard, but after that it gets great! So I am looking forward to this next week!

On Wednesday, we had a district meeting. I had to run it because I am now the district leader. I was given 2 days to prepare and no topic. I decided that no one can go wrong with talking about the Book of Mormon. I spent about an hour looking through Preach My Gospel and the scriptures to put it all together. I was pretty nervous about this meeting because I didn't know what I was going to say for most of the time. I remember feeling nervous, but I felt no stress. I felt calm and at peace.

At the district meeting, I gave it my all. I followed my notes for the majority of the time, but I also noticed that I was saying things that I didn't originally plan to say. I bore my testimony about how the Book of Mormon combined with the Spirit is the most powerful resource in missionary work. I don't remember most of what I was saying, just the feeling that I had. I know that the Spirit guided me and told me what to say for that meeting. I also know that He was giving me comfort over this calling that would normally stress me out. I know that Heavenly Father puts every missionary exactly where they are meant to be and exactly where they are most needed to build the kingdom of God. I am looking forward to this new transfer and I am planning to give it my all!

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

The trees are telling me that Spring is here!
We found this during this week's Festival of Finding!

Elder Smith hugging a nice soft bush.


No comments:

Post a Comment