Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Double Shaft!

Dear Family,

I want to first talk about a surprise that is happening right now! I am being transferred! I want to let you know a little about the word "Shaft". In missionary terms, "Shaft" means that you served in an area for only 6 weeks, then you get transferred. A dreaded shaft is that of a missionary's last transfer, the "6-week Shaft". I just got both of them. I have only been serving in Fairwood ward for 6 weeks, and now I am being transferred to the Elk Plain ward in the Renton Stake, for my last 6 weeks in the mission field as a district leader. (Note: Shaft is not necessarily a derogatory term in this context) I have got such a great bragging right!

This week, Elder Smith and I got to work a lot with Jenny. She is on date for baptism, if she is living the Word of Wisdom. We stopped by her house on Saturday morning to give her some more pamphlets in Chinese because she requested them. She showed us the pamphlets we had given her before. She has gone through each one and marked them. She highlighted things she liked, she wrote in the Chinese translation next to some of the words. She says she loves them! You know you have a promising investigator when they take the time to study what we are teaching! I will probably go back up to Renton to attend her baptism, but for now, I will be focusing my work on the Elk Plain ward!

I know that this church is true. Those who earnestly are seeking for the truth will find it. Heavenly Father is always there to help us. His arms are stretched forth to meet us when we come to Him. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He provides the only way back to our Heavenly Father. I am honored to be serving a mission. I am on the Lord's errand. And I will continue to press forward until the end!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I sure did! Calling home is never boring! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

I am going way down south!

My district! From left to right: (Top) Elder Thurgood, Elder Dallimore, Elder Fuller, Elder Cook, Elder Smith, Elder Reynolds, Elder Steiner. (Bottom) Sister Williams, Sister Erickson, Sister Reynolds.

Remember to look up and drink the rain!

Lake Desire and a typical cloudy day.

This is the best spot we could find for a picture at Lake Desire.

Mother's Day calls were great!

I am all packed up! Leaving Fairwood, going to Elk Plain!



No comments:

Post a Comment