Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Conducting A Baptism Interview!

Dear Family,

First off, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you so much!

It seems like this week has been full of things to do! We had our district meetings, interviews with our Mission President, weekly planning, and also My Plan (for those missionaries on their last transfer). Because I am the district leader, I also got the opportunity to conduct an interview for an investigator that the Sister missionaries have been teaching.

Her name is Sammi. She is amazing! The Sisters have been working really hard with her to teach her everything that she needs to know. She gets nervous easily and thus prepares a lot for things like this. She passed her interview with flying colors. She was bearing her testimony to me multiple times through out the interview. I really feel like she is ready.

An unexpected thing happened after her interview. We walked out and told the other missionaries that she passed her interview and they got very excited. Sammi started to cry. She walked down the hall with the Sisters who were trying to comfort her.

The Sister missionaries later told me that Sammi has been feeling stressed about all of the commitments that come from being a member of the church. They pulled out a scripture that we talked about in district meeting to share with her. It was in the Doctrine and Covenants and talked about Joseph Smith as he was going through trials and his testimony. Sammi liked the scripture and was comforted.

We are looking forward to her baptism this week! I hope that all goes well and that she will be able to overcome the temptations that Satan always tries to throw at investigators the week before their baptism.

I know that this is the Lord's work. Anyone who asks God, with a real desire to change, will come to know that this is the true church and that it has been restored to the Earth. This knowledge can only come from God. No one else can make you believe. If you haven't obtained a testimony of this church, I invite you, ask of God in prayer. And be willing to act on His response. I am very grateful to be here as a missionary, serving the Lord.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

​Hitting at the driving range. A nice member let us borrow their golf clubs. From Left to Right: Elder Tripp, Elder Oliva, Elder Northrup, Elder Koffard, Elder Steiner, Elder Fullmer.

The south half of the mission​ with Elder Dube! (I won't be listing off all of their names...)


No comments:

Post a Comment