Monday, June 19, 2017

Missionaries Are Investigators, Too!

Dear Family,

This will be my last email to all of you unless I choose to write one from home next week. I am very grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve this mission. I know that the Washington Federal Way Mission was exactly the place I was meant to go and I feel like I have done good work here. I have also grown personally to become a better person. One of my favorite things that I've heard from a member recently was something like this: People are missionaries' investigators. Missionaries are God's investigators. He is helping us to do His work at the same time that He is helping us to draw closer to Him.

I know that Heavenly Father has helped me change on my mission. I feel like a new person. I have learned some truths that I cannot deny. As a missionary, you learn some very important things that will help you for the rest of your life. One thing that I've learned is how the Spirit speaks to me. I have a confidence that I didn't have before in receiving personal revelation. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and all of His children and He is eager to bless all of us and provide guidance.

Another thing that I have learned is that love goes a long way. The pure love of Christ is Charity. Love is the greatest factor in leadership. If those you serve feel your love, they will be more willing to progress because they will know you have a pure motive; to help them progress. I have noticed also that when I learned to love the people I serve, it suddenly wasn't a burden anymore. It became so much easier and my work was filled with so much more joy and satisfaction.

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. If you are thinking about serving a mission, I would strongly recommend you do it. I am not saying it will be easy. You will still face trials and hard times like everyone does. But you will also have many great times and Spiritual experiences. What I am saying is that you will emerge from those trials and experiences a new and stronger person if you will let Him. So let Him in.

I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ lives! I knows that He performed the Atonement because He loves all of us. His Atonement is infinite meaning that no one is exempt from the blessing of forgiveness that comes from Him. Never give up on yourself. Never give up on God. If you turn to Him and rely on Him, you will be able to accomplish things you never though were possible in your life!

I hope that these emails that I have been writing have been a blessing to someone's life. Even though my mission is coming to a close, I will still strive to continue on as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love you all. See you soon!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

P.S. The whole Graham Zone went on a hike to the Eatonville Falls earlier today! It was awesome!






Elder Steiner Signing Off:






No comments:

Post a Comment