Thursday, January 3, 2019

Stories from Afar (Volume 10)



Hola mi familia y amigos! Christmas has come and gone and life has been looking up! The days before that fantastic day celebrating Christ's birth were really hard as people were stressed out and too busy to meet. I'm glad the holiday season is almost over and I still can't believe that the year is over and a new one is beginning! WOOT!!! 

A couple days ago as I thought about this I realized that ALL of 2019 would be spent out here in Ohio as I do missionary work and bring others to Christ. It was a little intimidating to realize that but words came ino my mind that brought me peace. "This is my year!" From a very young age, one of my greatest desires has been to make a difference in other people's lives and now that I'm on my mission I finally get to spend every moment of every day doing just that! So this really is my year! "Hoorah for Isreal!" (hehe, movie quote) 

Anyway, it was difficult before Christmas but after... so many miracles happened and Sister Burnside and I were able to get out of feeling low. We remembered that Missionary work is fun and the Lord blessed us immensely! That first day everything was on time! We met so many people we wouldn't have if we hadn't gone certain ways or accidentally had too long of a Weekly Planning session. Needless to say, it was a great day to pick ourselves back up and remember that the Lord is with us. So that was great!

Oh yeah!!! I have another really cool story to tell! So there is this guy. He's been coming to church for 4-5 years already because his girlfriend is a member, but he hasn't been baptized. So last weekend, Sister Burnside and I were pondering on what day we should ask him to be baptized and Jan 6th kept popping into her mind. It was too soon! she thought... I mean, it is only a week away. But the Lord kept prompting us for that day and told us that if this person we are teaching accepts this date then he would be able to get the testimony he's been searching for this week!! That's so crazy! We tried to get a hold of this person on Saturday but couldn't. So yesterday, after second hour we rushed out of class and told him what the Lord was inviting him to consider right in the middle of the hall at church. The spirit was SO strong!!! Wow! And surprisingly, he wasn't too surprised about the invitation but he promised that he would pray about it. 

We are still waiting to hear back from him, but it should be soon. I mean... a baptism in 6 days... woo! (Wipes future sweat off my brow) But the Lord himself has set this invitation and so I don't doubt that it can be done if this person wants it. EEEeeek!!!! I'm so excited. Hopefully, there will be a happy ending to this story next week!

Also with this new year, my companion and I met this lady who picks a word each year and applies it to her life/notices it a bit more and we want to try the same thing. So this new year, my word is going to be "Heal." That's one of the reasons why I am out here. I want to help heal people by bringing them unto Christ and feel of the goodness and light that is the gospel! I'm going to make a little bracelet with that word on it so I can remember!!

Well, I think that is all for now. So HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!! "It's the start of something new!" (Hehe) Have an amazing evening and I love you all! Have fun, be safe, don't die!!!
Until next time,

Sister Becca Steiner

P.S. Still no snow in Ohio...



No comments:

Post a Comment