Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Afflictions Consecrated 2 Nephi 2:2

Dear Family,

I am grateful for the letters that I have been receiving this week! I got sick last week, and they really helped me get through! I got sick bad enough that I had to stay inside for all of Tuesday last week.Tuesday happened to be the day that I received the Cokeville Miracle package from Grandma and Grandpa Sheffield! I read about the scripture that they were ponderizing, 2 Nephi 2:2. It read,"Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." It made me think of what blessings will come from being sick. Well, we updated the Area Book completely, and also reorganized it to be easier to split with the Sister Missionaries in Scenic Hill. Oh, and I also got a lot of sleep! That was nice. I feel like that scripture has helped me see the bright side of being sick, so it was a lot easier to get through it! Thank you!

We had Zone Conference yesterday! Elder Larry R. Lawrence of the Seventy came to this conference. It was so great! They talked about the House of Israel and our part as missionaries. We are to gather the House of Israel in preparation for the Second Coming. I am so excited! We also set a new goal as a mission: We are going to get a total of 40 baptisms in the month of November! That is double of what we are usually getting, but I think we can do it! We can really use some support and every prayer helps!

I almost forgot to mention the Ainuu family! It was pretty funny because when we did our Family Home Evening last Monday, Sister Ainuu said that I was losing weight. She then quickly followed up by saying that our next Family Home Evening would be over dinner. The Ainuu family is a Samoan family, so when they say you are losing weight, they mean that they are going to feed you a ton! We didn't actually end up having that dinner because Sister Ainuu was feeling sick, but it was still a funny experience!

We have an investigator that is progressing to baptism! Her name is Lili Tuiloma and she is technically ready for baptism. She is in the process of moving, so she can't get married until after the moving, so she had to delay her baptism. We talked with her earlier today (Yes, even on P-Day) and she told us her conversion story! I hope I can find the time to write it down and tell you about it! She is so getting baptized!

I love you all and appreciate the prayers! I know that I am being watched over and cared for! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Steiner.

Items Received:
* Cokeville Miracle package from Grandma and Grandpa Sheffield
* Letters from McEwen's and family

Q and A:

Do you mostly eat at members home, restaurants, or cook the food yourself?
* We mostly cook the food ourselves. We go to restaurants sometimes on P-Days, and we get meals from members probably 1 or 2 times every week.

I thought this was hilarious. The little sign says: "If we wee you smoking, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate measures." (see the fire extinguisher below the sign)

You know how you live in Davis County? I live in King County, but the way they wrote this sign makes it sound funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment