Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Transfers, The New And Upcoming


Dear Family,

Today is Transfer P-Day! Everyone knows that after training, the Trainer and the Trainee don't stay together, so I knew something was coming this transfer. Elder Miner is getting transferred, and I am staying in Scenic Hill! Also, Scenic Hill has a little change, again. It is, once again, full time car! Yay! I have seen a lot of changes over the 4 transfers I have been here. This next transfer is going to be fun! It will contain: Christmas, New Years, and my Birthday! After looking on the missionary portal, I found that my new companion is named Elder Anderson. Since transfers are happening at 2:00 today, I can't really tell you anything about him, yet. Next week.

This week was the last week of the transfer, so we got to see lots of miracles! Here is just a very brief overview of some of them: We helped members move into an apartment complex that we were recently kicked out of, so now we can go there again! We finally got an investigator to church! (First one since Lili Tuiloma. About 9 weeks without any.) Lots of less-active members came to the Ward Christmas Party and we got to talk with them! And many more miracles!

The Family Home Evening with the Ainuu family last night was amazing! It was a little goofy, but a lot of fun! When they found out about transfers, they were really sad. They related to us how grateful they are that we never gave up on them and helped them return to church. It has been a testimony builder to me that the Gospel isn't just baptizing people, but it is something that changes lives for the better. The Gospel is the way and the truth, our opportunity to become something better than we currently are. Heavenly Father loves all of us. This is His plan. This is His blessing. We are so blessed to be a part of His true church and to be able to live up to our full potential.

I can't wait to speak to you on Christmas! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Steiner.

Items Received:

* Letters from Oak Hollow Primary. I loved them! I love all of you, too!

The finish of our last exchange with Elder John. Both Elder Miner and Elder John are being transferred.

This is my first time making Russian Chicken on my mission! It was awesome! Thanks for the recipe Mom!

The Ainuu family at the end of last night's Family Home Evening.

A funny picture with the Ainuu's.






No comments:

Post a Comment