Monday, January 11, 2016

God Works In Mysterious Ways!

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty great! The slow times are over and this area is alive again! I had an enjoyable exchange with my district leader and I learned a lot from Zone Training, but I think the best thing that happened was just yesterday!

This week has actually been pretty sunny! Of course, when it is sunny, the temperature plummets and it is very cold, but I have been doing well. Many members of the ward have been getting sick, but Elder Anderson and I haven't! I think it is because I wash my hands pretty often. :) I am starting to get used to standing with good posture and my back hasn't been hurting me as much this week! I guess all of those strengthening exercises Sister Eaton gave me have been doing good!

Yesterday (Sunday, January 10th), Elder Anderson and I were at a member's home doing some follow-up. We really just showed up to set up an appointment, but they let us in right then, so I we didn't come prepared with a short message to share. While we were there, I prayed and asked what scripture to share and then I flipped open the Book of Mormon to a random scritpure. I turned to Mosiah 4:27. I read over it and I waited patiently for the right time to share it. It never came. We shared a Mormon Message video called, "I'll go where you want me to go." It was about member missionary work! So perfect, but it didn't really go well with the scripture I found. I didn't end up sharing it during that lesson, but I kept it book marked.

Later that night, we visited a less-active family. I, again, was expecting just to do a door stop visit and set up another time to meet, but the father was home and they let us in. It was just the father and the mother there this time. We haven't met with them for a few weeks, so we followed up with how things were in their family. They told us how they have been going through a hard time, and how they were fighting for custody of some boys that they have been raising for 10 years, and many other stressful things. When I looked at my Book of Mormon to share a message, I saw the book mark. I opened it and shared the scripture. It talked about how we need not run faster than we have strength. I related it to how we are saved after all that we can do. I ended by bearing my testimony of how Jesus Christ knows all that we are going through and how we will never be given a trial that we can't overcome through him. The Spirit was strong. They said that message is what they needed to hear and they were grateful for us coming over. I know that Heavenly Father gave me that scripture to share with them, even though I didn't know when or who to share it with. He really does work in mysterious ways!

I love you all so much! I hope you are all having a great week, too!

Love,

Elder Bretton Steiner.

Items Received:
* Snow Package from the Harris family! Thank you! I love you, too!

Sorry, I forgot to take pictures this week! I hope I will remember for next week!

PS: Note that P-Day will be on Tuesday for the next 3 weeks, so the letters will be a little late.

No comments:

Post a Comment