Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Ye... Wait, is it 2016?

Dear Family,

Did you know that I have been out for over 6 months now? I just found that out. I am a little shocked. It has definitely not felt that long! I was talking with someone (I don't remember who), but they said that they don't set New Years resolutions, they set goals. No one actually accomplishes New Year resolutions (If you do, I applaud you), but everyone accomplishes goals that they really work for. I just thought that was funny. I always thought that goals and New Year resolutions were the same thing. I guess not. :)

This week has been a little slow. People are getting sick, but not the missionaries. And now people are finally returning from their vacations! Elder Anderson finally got to meet the bishop yesterday. The bishop left right as Elder Anderson got transferred here, and he got back lateSaturday night.

I recently have been studying humility. I have found that humility is closely related to submitting your will to God. In Mosiah 24:15, it says, "The burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." In this verse is a promise. If you submit your will to the Lord with patience and cheer, you will find your burdens lightened. Alma and his brethren were humble! They did wait, and sure enough, the Lord did eventually deliver them! I know that with God, nothing is impossible.

I love you all and I hope you had a great New Years!

Love,

Elder Bretton Steiner

This is where Elder Anderson put his statue. Yep, Velcro is awesome!

It got pretty cold this week. Cold enough that the fountains in Washington Park Apartments started to make mountains of ice. All three of the fountains are in the picture, just some are farther away. It was so cool, you might even say it was cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment