Monday, April 4, 2016

Heavenly Father's Miraculous and Mysterious Ways

Dear Family,

This week has been full of miracles! Probably too many to write them all. :) So I will choose some of the highlights.

On Thursday, Elder Davidson and I got to go and see Candice again. This time, though, before we started to read the Book of Mormon with her, Brother Bean, and Deanna, she requested a blessing to help with her cold. I was chosen to give her the blessing. I don't remember most of what I said, but I do remember feeling prompted to say something like, "God is happy for the work that you do. You are a light to all of those people who visit you, drawing them closer to God." Candice is paralyzed. She can't get up and do work. But when I said that, I could see her smile as she is visited by various members of the ward. Later that night, Brother Bean took us to visit another family, the Smith's. He had each person tell of a highlight of their week. Sister Smith said that her highlight was visiting Candice last Saturday. I felt right then that the blessing was true.

On Friday, Elder Davidson and I went to Federal Way to move around furniture and bikes. We went to an area that Elder Davidson previously served in. We picked up some bikes there and he felt prompted to give one to one of his recent converts (we were going to just donate it anyway). We drove it over to Sister Harper. When we knocked on her door, she opened it and was shocked. She knew Elder Davidson and was surprised at our visit. She said that she had been having a bad day because her much needed paycheck didn't come today. When she learned that we brought her a bike, she started to cry and said, "I know that God is still watching over me. He sent you two to comfort me right when I need it." She was very grateful for the bike and the visit.

General Conference was amazing! I got to see every session and I found myself surprised that it ended so quick. My favorite talk was by Jeffrey R. Holland in the Sunday Afternoon session. I think he hit spot on the fact that we have to "return to Earth". His message has inspired hope to me and hopefully to all of you. I love you all and I hope you enjoyed General Conference as well!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

The sun came out for the whole week, so you will get some good sunset pictures. :)

Sunset at Lake Sawyer. This selfie actually didn't turn out so bad. :)

Some more pictures of the sunset at Lake Sawyer!


This is the secondary storage for the mission. It used to have tons of furniture that had to be taken to the dump, so Elder Davidson and I cleared it out and are now using it as the bike storage for the whole mission. This is actually a garage from the townhouse that missionaries live in, so they made it into their temporary work-out room.

No comments:

Post a Comment