Monday, May 23, 2016

Dinner Over At Candy's House

Dear Family,

This week has again been pretty busy. There is so much to be done for the Office Elders. This week, we closed 2 apartments, organized the storage unit, and moved cars with Elder Young (the Car Coordinator) out of the church parking lot so it could be re-paved. That list actually doesn't sound long now that I write it, but it did take a long time.

I want to write about a miracle that happened on Tuesday. During District Meeting, Tuesday morning, we got 2 texts on the phone. The first one was a member saying that we needed to cancel our dinner tonight, the other one was Candice W. (she goes by Candy) inviting us over to her house for dinner tonight! I was pretty excited that we get a dinner! We went over at 5 pm to have dinner. Candy's caretaker, Deanna, and her friend, Tony, the maintenance man for the apartment complex, were there. We stayed there for our usual Book of Mormon reading at 6, but Brother Bean (the Ward Mission Leader for Lake Lucerne ward) was late because of a serious car crash that happened outside of the apartment complex. Here is the miracle. That driver (who was going +60 mph in a 35 mph zone) was driving around a corner, lost control, and swerved right into a mid-sized pick-up truck. If we had not already been at Candy's house, we would have been driving around that corner at that same time and could have ended up in the crash. I know that Heavenly Father made changes to our plans to make sure that we wouldn't be there on Tuesday. So, crash avoided. :) Also, all the people involved in the crash are okay.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Tomorrow will be my 11 month mark. It is going too fast! I love you!

Love,

Elder Bretton Steiner.

I have a feeling we shouldn't park on this side of the street...

The mountains in Enumclaw! Yay! I really miss mountains.

Service at the Cemetery! It was really rainy! From the Left to Right: Elder Nelson (District Leader), me, Elder Palmer, Elder Clayburn.

A wide view of what I get to see everyday! Elder Palmer is in the truck.



No comments:

Post a Comment