Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Dear Family,

This week has been awesome! It included Mother's Day and a family being united in baptism! Ja. and Is. have been working towards baptism for the last couple of months and just last Tuesday, they passed their baptismal interviews! They got baptized on May 7th, 2016! They asked Bishop M. to do both the baptisms and confirmations for both of them. The rest of the family has been working on reactivating and getting temple recommends. LJ is 15 years old and both he and Ja. got the Priesthood on Sunday after church! Ja. got ordained first, and so was able to stand in the circle to ordain his step-son!

Can you imagine how Sister C. is feeling? She just got one of the best Mother's Day gifts ever: Her family united by baptism and activity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! They plan on going as a family to do baptisms for the dead this week!

As for me, I got to call home and talk to my family over skype! It was awesome! You make me laugh so much! If you want my opinion, it was far too short! Thank you for all of your support, love, and care for me! I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

Elder Palmer and I in the Mission Office!

It was a sunny day outside, so that's where we took the baptismal pictures! Is. (left) is the step-son of Ja. (middle) and Bishop M. (right) baptized both of them.

Big group picture at the baptism! Missionaries starting from left to right: Elder Palmer, Elder Davidson, Elder Steiner, and Elder Brown. Everyone else from left to right: Is., Ja, Ni, Me, Bishop M., (I forget her name, but it is really cool), and LJ.​

This is a picture of the whole mission! This was taken at the top of the Skyway Ward in the Renton Stake, and you can see all the way to the bottom of the mission at Mount Rainier! I got this picture from a different missionary, so sadly, I didn't take this picture myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment