Monday, November 26, 2018

...even mistakes can turn into something amazing!

A crazy week this has been. But I'll only share a little bit. I think I'll talk about exchanges that happened on Saturday. I wanted to focus on learning to recognize the spirit and boy! I think I learned a lot!

It was around 7 at night and we were heading to a house to visit someone who might be interested in our message. But we missed the turn to get on their street. Instead of turning around, my companion Sister Linford kept going, telling me that there must be a reason why we missed our turn. We turned at the next place we could and stopped the car. 

We were going to use the spirit to find someone on this street who needed to hear our message. Long story short, we knocked on quite a few houses and got rejected each time. When we went to our car I thought to do one more, so we did. But still no good luck. We drove away, going to the house we originally were heading to.

To our amazement, the garage door was open and someone was on a ladder getting stuff down from a high shelf. We got out and was able to talk with the nice gentleman. He was interested and we made a time for us to come back and meet his wife, Heather. This man was the only one home at the time. 

This is such a great blessing because if we hadn't stopped and tried our luck at all the doors earlier we wouldn't have caught this guy in his garage and it would have been easy for him to shut the door in our face like so many others that night. We were so happy and amazed at the timing of the Lord. Only he could have helped us be right where we needed to be right when we needed to be there. 

I love the holy spirit now and how even mistakes can turn into something amazing. We just need to have open minds and look for God's plan in everything. 

This is all that I will share for this email. So I will bid you all farewell until next week! (Hopefully it will be longer then)

Love you all!
Sister Becca Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment