Monday, February 11, 2019

Stories from Afar (Volume 16)


Well, I'm in the Perry area. I have one companion by the name of Sister Wallace. She and I are practically the same person! We both love quoting movies and don't like shopping too long! So this transfer is going to be amazing!

Pipe-cleaner dragon; Lore-Binder

Pipe-cleaner dragon; Lore-BinderRight now we live in a town called Painsville.... yeah, it doesn't hurt as bad as it sounds though it can be a little scary at night; not too many lamp posts on the side streets. But the crazy thing is that we are the only set of missionaries in the whole ward and we live at the edge of our boundaries. It takes about 40 minutes to drive the 22 miles to the other side of our area. So pretty much we are going to do A LOT of road trip'n. Huzzah!! I better buy a lot of beef jerky. Haha!!
And they did change how things are at the Visitor Center. There are now only 3 sets of sisters put there and they are there everyday. They don't have an area or anything, just the vc. (Which doesn't sound very appealing) Hopefully during this transfer those Sisters don't go crazy... they just might and I worry this is the fate of us all if they don't change it back. But then again, I only know what the other sisters have told me. So as of right now I don't go up to Kirtland every other day like I normally would. Which is really sad but it is what it is. 

Me on cold day at lake Erie
Okay, so silly story time!! Sister Wallace and I have a Toyota car (similar to a camry but not) and the button thingy on the keys is broken. So we have to press the lock inside the car door before we get out. Well, on a really windy and cold day we accidentally locked our keys in the car! Haha!!! Thankfully the person we had gone to see let us in out of the cold as we called for help. The mission didn't know what to tell us since we are in the far corner. Thus we had to call 911 and send for a police officer. It was quite the adventure and cool to see how the officer got our car open. We had waited for him to arrive for almost an hour and then pop! It was open pretty quickly.
I consider this a blessing because our original plan was to go tracting but the Lord knew how cold it was and made it so we were able to stay inside and warm. I'm so grateful! The Lord really does watch out for us missionaries!!! 

P-Day art
I have seen trees and land and now I have seen Lake Erie frozen almost solid! It actually is really cool! (But cold)
I've met some really great people here and I am excited to get to know them better but as for now I don't have much more to say than that I am happy. I love it up in this windy part of Lake Erie and seeing the giant nuclear plant on the shore (it almost looks like an active volcano without the fire but a bunch of steam) I'm loving all the service we've been able to do. There is a lot of work for the two of us in Perry. I love you all!! Until next week!

Love, love, love,
Sister Becca Steiner

Shore of Lake Erie


No comments:

Post a Comment