Monday, January 12, 2015

Baptism and Integrity

Hey Family!

This week has been a stressful one. I hope that you have been all doing well. 

Mya was baptized on Saturday and I confirmed her yesterday. What was really stressful was that the baptismal font water wasn't clear. It was a green color. I almost felt bad for her but I soon realized that it was okay because it was an ordinance of salvation. 

Not yesterday but last Sunday I got up and I bore my testimony in front of the ward and some words kinda slipped out. I told everyone that I knew that Mya was going to get baptized this Saturday and well she did. There was a lot of things we had to go through in order for her to get the building time for the baptism. 

Yesterday I confirmed her and all of it went well. I just hope that she will remember everything about her baptism. Her mother is a less-active and she really wants to come back to church. Mya has been the key for her to do that. Now that she is baptized I just hope that they continue to come to church and renew that covenant with the Lord.

Saturday after the baptism we went to Blue Ginger and we ate some Chinese food. As we were about to leave I saw a $50 bill on the ground. I picked it up and all the other missionaries were looking at me. Someone said that I was lucky and another asked if I was going to keep it. I shook my head and then told them no. I found the money right next to the paying counter. I turned around and I asked for a waitress for assistance. I told her the story and I gave her the money. She then went and told the owner and he caught us just as we were about to leave. He then started talking to us and then he asked us which one gave the money back. I hesitated but razed my hand. He then told me that I could eat the next 2 times for free. 

The Lord really does give you blessings for doing the right thing. :)

On the other hand some sad news is that Amberley has a crush on me. I am now almost positive that I will be leaving the area the up coming transfer. I am sad because I think she is only taking the lessons because she likes me. I hope that isn't true but now i just don't know what to do. 

Today Elder Webb and I are just going to sit around in our apartment. Every P-day we are up and about doing random things. We hardly get time to write any letters. But today will be different. I just hope i don't sleep through the day. 

I want you all to know that I love being out here. I love the wonderful people i get to meet every day. I love being a missionary. I love you all. Have a wonderful week and I hope that everything turns out well with y'all.

I love you again! I can't think of any other experiences right now. 

Love, 
~Elder Bryson Steiner












No comments:

Post a Comment