Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kickboxing

(We didn't get this until Tuesday so here it is)

Oops, I think I forgot to send this to you...

Hey Everybody!!!

This week has been really fun! Last Monday we got permission to go to a members gym. It was a 9 Round gym and we learned to kick box. I loved the workout. I got really dizzy and wanted to throw up. They said I was going to hard. I really miss that feeling of giving it my all physically for a competition. T. drove us there and he was so kind and got pictures of us kickboxing. That was pretty cool. I am going to ask to get those pictures from him soon.

On the 31st we went to Blue Ginger and Amberley was our server. After we ate I left her the envelope I made for her. I didn't find out until Friday the 2nd that, that it made her entire day. She was interested in hearing our message before hand and had scheduled a meeting that Friday. On exchanges, Elder Franco and I taught her the Restoration and put her on date for baptism on the 24th of January. That was a really cool moment. After the lesson I asked her if she got the envelope and she said yes. 

Later as we were about to leave she stopped all the missionaries and asked me if she could speak to me in private. I then asked Elder Franco to come with me and we went around the corner. She then expressed gratitude for the envelope I gave her. That was a really cool experience. I hope that she decides to get baptized. 

At church yesterday I got up and bore my testimony and talked about the power of forgiveness. I read Doctrine and Covenants 82:1 and then talked about the Atonement and how it makes everything new. That was pretty cool. Later in Priesthood I was asked to sing "When I was Baptized" I couldn't get the notes right and was so shocked... I was so embarrassed because I was at first singing off key. My companion and I were singing together and well he wanted me to carry it cause he couldn't sing, but I ended up messing up. Still, it wasn't the end of the world. I now can laugh at it cause no one will really remember it in 2 weeks. 

Mya our 10 year old investigator will be getting baptized this Saturday. Elder Webb will be Baptizing her and I will Confirm her in Sacrament Meeting. She is so ready for this important step in her life.

Yesterday was Elder and Sister Ferguson's last Sunday in the ward. They leave tomorrow to go back to North Ogden, Utah. We had a lot of Less-Actives at church yesterday cause everyone wanted to say goodbye to them. I just hope they continue coming to church. 

I find myself at time looking at my desk and wondering why it is so messy. I feel like I clean it every day but no matter what I do it always gets messy from running around. Hehe. Missionary life is so fun and easy. If you can handle stress and rely on the spirit it will be easy. 

So I was at T. and Jackie's on New Year's Eve and he didn't want us to go until we got to see him light one firework. It was cool but we had to go. That night he told us that we were his 2 best friends. That meant a lot to me. 

I sometimes think of home but to be honest the things I miss at home are the moments I shared with my family. I often think of moments where I learned something from my parents and I will share them when we start talking about Families. 

I still don't have an iPad and no word on it yet but transfers will be on the 21st I think. I hope I stay in the area but I know the Lord will place me where I need to be.

I want you all to know that I love you and that I miss you. I know what I need to be doing out here. I love being a missionary and I am understanding more and realizing how much Satan will try to distract you from the single most important thing. Missionary work, (The Salvation of Others).

Love you again! Good Night!!!

Love,
~Elder Bryson Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment