Monday, November 23, 2015

Goals

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty good. It is starting to rain almost every day! We even got some snow on Saturday morning. I got a picture of it. It only snowed for about 30 minutes and all melted by the end of the hour. I am grateful that I have a car at least part time! The heaters are nice!

This week, there has been a focus on goals. Our mission is currently working on the goal of 40 baptisms this month. I think we were at 17 last week and we had some on Saturday, so I think we are over 20 now. Elder Miner and I started working on our own goals on a paper called the Standards of Excellence. Over about an hour of discussion and prayers, Elder Miner and I have set a goal for 5 new investigators every week. I feel like it is obtainable through God, but I know that there is no way we can reach that goal on our own. We worked very hard and showed a lot of faith throughout the rest of the week. We had several opportunities to meet that goal, but because of agency, they fell through. By the end of the week, we only found 2 new investigators, but I don't feel like we lost. We did all that we could do and we worked hard. God blessed us so much that those 2 new investigators are conditionally committed for baptism (meaning they will be baptized when they learn the church is true). I hope that we will be able to accomplish our goal this week and continue to work hard and show our faith. I hope for the promise that is said in Ether 12:6, "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I know that in the end, we will be blessed for our faith and diligence in His work. I love you all!

Love,

Elder Steiner.

Elder Miner got bored during our Weekly Planning snack break.

The snow we got on Saturday morning! After I saw this, I realized it is already half way through November! Time sure is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment