Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween!

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty fun!

On Monday night, we had a meeting with the Bishop to coordinate with missionary work in Scenic Hill. We were on bikes that day, and we had to bike for about 15 minutes to get back to our apartment. The meeting took a little too long, so it was about 9:14 and we were about to leave when Bishop Gealta comes running out to us with a frozen, unbaked, apple pie. Fortunately, I had just enough room in my bag for it. By time I got it into my bag and was ready to leave it was 9:17. We biked as hard as we could to get back by 9:30. We got there at 9:31. We jumped right to daily planning and getting excited for tomorrow's lessons and plans. The next morning, I was cleaning the apartment a little, and found the floor wet underneath my bag. I looked into my bag and found the pie. We totally forgot about it. Thankfully, it was in a box that was in my bag, so it didn't thaw completely. My bag was sticky and wet, though. We put the pie in the freezer and cooked it during Weekly Planning on Halloween. It is still good!

Speaking of Halloween, we didn't do anything really special. We weren't allowed to be out after6:00 pm, so we put our Weekly Planning for that night. Our investigator, Lili Tuiloma, finished moving out on Halloween. She is now officially in the Federal Way Stake. She is still set to be baptized, and I am hoping I can get permission to attend her baptism. Don't worry, we are still teaching a lot of people because the work has exploded this week. We doubled our lessons this week and next week looks just as good! I hope you all had a good Halloween! I love you so much!

Love,
Elder Steiner.

PS: My camera was in my bag with the pie, and so got the lens a little dirty. I also forgot to clean it before I took these pictures.

We biked in the rain for 2 and a half hours on Friday. It was actually pretty fun! I just got soaked!

This is our Halloween Dinner. Most of this we got from Brother Weiderholt. He gave us the pancake/waffle mix, the waffle maker, the hashbrowns, and the orange juice mix. And for some reason, Elder Miner likes to eat waffles with Peanut Butter. I tried it and it is pretty good, but also really fattening. He also likes to heat the syrup in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment