Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!

Dear Family,

This week has been a slower week, but you can expect that. Many people have gone out of town for the holidays, so it has been a challenge! John and Saleena are doing good, but we didn't get to meet with them this week. We hope to see them again next week!

I went on an exchange this week to the Skyway B area this week. That is the most northern area in our mission and it covers a lot of Seattle homes (but not the city itself). It is totally different there than any other place I have seen in the mission. It is also one of the more dangerous areas. I found a few things that I thought were funny or different and I have some pictures of them! :)

Have you made any New Years Resolutions? If you haven't, you should probably stop and think about it. Heavenly Father wants us to return to Him. What do I want to become? How am I going to do that? How am I going to become more like the Savior this year? Asking questions like that combined with the power of prayer and scriptures, the Holy Ghost will tell you what to aim for. God always has blessings in store for those who strive to serve Him.

Knowing that New Years marks the fact that I have less than 6 months left in my mission. I want to give it my all for the rest of the time that He has given me in this mission. I know that there are people that He has been preparing to receive the restored Gospel. I will do my best to be an instrument in His hands for His work.

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

That is still my favorite scripture when I think about missionary work. I hope you all have a great week and start of 2017! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bretton Steiner.

Houses in Seattle are so packed together that they are running out of house numbers!

This is as far north as the mission goes. Pretty good view of Seattle!

If it doesn't say no parking, then people will park there! And yes, this is somehow a 2-way street. You just hope that someone isn't coming from the opposite direction!


No comments:

Post a Comment