Monday, August 31, 2015

Baptism Confirmed!

Dear Family,

This week has been so full of amazing things! I probably won't be able to fit them all into this email... hint: This means written letter incoming (If I can find time to write it).

First off, Sister Smith was Baptized! I am so happy for her! I performed the Confirmation on Sunday. I was so nervous about it, but when I started the prayer, everything just came to me and it all worked out. I know that the Lord will help me in my efforts to do His work!

This week, we got a new Tiwi box in our car! Remember how I said Timoathy's (The name of our old Tiwi box) speaker was broken? Well, now we have a replacement and we named it TJ, for Timoathy Junior.

This week we were able to teach Kayla a lot. She is pretty shy and hasn't committed to a baptismal date yet. She is only 11 years old. Now, we have taught her all the necessary lessons to be baptized. She is ready, she just needs to select a date, and get written consent from her Dad!

This week, we had a lot of appointments fall through, but because of it, we were able to teach people we didn't originally plan to teach! I know that the Lord's hand is in our work. I might not recognize it at first, but now looking back, we have obtained 2 new investigators committed to Baptism because of it!

Here is a story I forgot to mention: Elder Nelson and I were talking about a contact we had just had. I made a comment, "It must be one of those temporal things." Elder Nelson laughed. I meant to say,"... one of those temporary things," but I guess I am getting too missionary minded. Now we use it as a joke. To almost everything, we can say, "It must be one of those temporal things."

Next P-Day will be on Tuesday the 8th because Monday is Labor day and everyone is at home on Holidays! Yay! Prime proselyting time!

I have been seeing God's hand in this work. It is His work after all. I am so grateful to be an instrument in His hands to bring people to Him! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Steiner.
Q and A:

What kind of odd things have you been asked to do to serve as a missionary?

* Walk in a parade and teach Gospel Principles at church. Other than that, I think I do pretty normal missionary work.


At Sister Smith's Baptism! Left to Right: Elder Steiner, Elder Nelson, Joshua Smith, Sister Ellineta Smith, Sister Cecile Laude.
Elder Nelson's Mustache! 

I have been all over Scenic Hill and this is the best view I can find! There are so many trees here! You have to look closely to see Seattle.

Look very closely, to see Seattle.


No comments:

Post a Comment